What men’s cosmetic surgery procedures are available?
The days when cosmetic surgery was considered a woman’s world are long gone. The male population has really embraced the idea of men’s cosmetic surgery, and now also for men only, so there are a plethora of opportunities for men to tweak their bodies too.
Men have welcomed the fact that if they look good, they feel good – and there is no harm in the occasional shortcut. So just what types of procedures are out there for men?
Men’s cosmetic surgery league tables
Here are the top 10 men’s cosmetic surgery procedures chosen by the UK’s male population during 2015. This list has recently been published by the British Association of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and records the number of men opting for these procedures around the whole of the UK:
1. Blepharoplasty (to address drooping/sagging eyelids)
2. Rhinoplasty (commonly known as a nose job)
3. Breast Reduction (designed to tackle the dreaded man boobs)
4. Liposuction (removal of stubborn fatty tissue)
5. Otoplasty (corrective surgery for overly prominent ears)
6. Face/Neck Lift (removal of excess skin)
7. Fat transfer (transferring fat from areas of prevalence to areas that may lack volume/lustre)
8. Brow lifts (uplift of forehead/eyebrows)
9. Abdominoplasty (also known as a tummy tuck)
10. Breast augmentation (reshaping)
With the exception of breast augmentation surgery, which has remained stable, all other procedures have seen significant growth in uptake compared with the previous year.
It seems clear that the modern man is not suffering in silence. If men have an issue with the look or feel of their bodies then they are proactively taking steps to address the problem.
With increases seen across almost all procedures, and a much greater awareness and acceptance of men wishing to make changes to their bodies too, men’s cosmetic surgery is an area which is seeing significant growth and will no doubt continue to do so.